Simplifying Your Electrical System Design.
SolidWorks Electrical Capabilities
SolidWorks Electrical help companies to simplify the electrical, control and hydraulic/pneumatic design process and enable concurrent development of electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic and mechanical aspects of a design.
SolidWorks Electrical is unique in its ability to provide real-time, bi-directional linking between 2D electrical schematics and 3D mechanical models, and therefore offers a clear advantage to any company where two or more users must collaborate on a project.
SolidWorks Electrical Packages
- Simple but powerful UI (User Interface).
- SQL-Database Architecture.
- Real-Time, bi-directional link between 2D and 3D.
- Multi-user design capability.
- Circuit copy & reuse
- Symbol creation wizard
- Single-line schematics
- Real-time design rule checks
- Reports - easy to update
- User definable symbol palettes
- Multiple concurrent projects
- Libraries of more than 500,000 electrical components
- Powerful PLC and terminal strip management tools
- Display data and projects in multiple, concurrent languages
- EPDM / ERP
SolidWorks Electrical provides a range of electrical system design functionality to meet the needs of design professionals.
SolidWorks Electrical 2D schematic design capabilities simplify development of embedded electrical systems for machines and other applications, with single-line and multi-line schematic tools for planning your electrical systems.
SolidWorks electrical 3D
- 2d schematic tool for electrical system design - single and multi-line schematics
- 2d documentation: drawing, BOMs, wire lists, terminal strips lists
- multi-user and multi-project design capability
- PLC management: automation tools to integrate PLCs into your design
- Data on over 500,000 standard electrical parts
- Real-time interaction with 3D model
SolidWorks Electrical 3D enables you to easily integrate your electrical schematic design from SolidWorks Electrical to your 3D model of the machine or other product. Designers can place 3D versions of all electrical parts into their model, and run wires/cables/harnesses in 3D to connect all electrical equipment. This enables you to plan specific locations and paths, and accurately determine wires/cables/harness lengths before equipment is built to ensure consistent manufacturing and to reduce scrap and costs. Your 2D schematics and 3D models are synchronized bi-directionally in real time, so any changes are automatically updated.
SolidWorks Electrical Professional
- Leverage 2D schematic design data from SolidWorks electrical in the 3D model
- Place electrical items in 3D to ensure
- Plan 3D cable/wire/harness paths through your machine and calculate lengths
- Harness design in 3D
- Web link for more 3D models
The SolidWorks Electrical Professional package combines the electrical schematic design capabilities of SolidWorks Electrical with the 3D capabilities of SolidWorks Electrical 3D in one convenient package.
Single-line and multi-line schematic tools, including an integrated library of thousands of symbols and parts, enable quick planning of your embedded electrical system. Design teams can work concurrently on one or more projects and keep all work current with real-time bi-directional updates. You can integrate SolidWorks Electrical schematics with the 3D model and then place 3D versions of all electrical parts into the model, creating paths and connections with wires/cables/harnesses. All work in 2D and 3D is synchronized in real time, and you can create fully integrated BOMs that include both mechanical and electrical parts.
- SolidWorks Electrical and SolidWorks Electrical 3D in one convenient Package
- Single installation and licensing step