SolidWorks Simulation offers powerful design validation tools tightly integrated inside SolidWorks, that allow you to easily see the behavior of your designs when you subject them to the same conditions that they’ll experience in the real world. These tools will not only help you to predict the life of your products & improve their quality but also help you to save money by optimizing material utilization and saving your costs on physical prototypes and testing.
Included with SolidWorks Premium, SolidWorks Simulation includes the core tools for simulating the behavior of your designs when subjected to external forces and pressures.
- Study stress, strain, and displacement in parts and assemblies.
- Study the interaction between different assembly components.
- Identify contact forces, stresses, and friction for parts that may come into contact during operation.
- Apply bearing loads, forces, pressures, and torque.
- Transfer forces and restraints from remote locations to parts or assemblies.
- Simulate the effects of gravity forces or forces due to rotation
In addition to the linear static analysis and motion simulation capabilities included inside SolidWorks Premium, SolidWorks Simulation® Professional offers drop test, design optimization, thermal heat transfer, thermal stress, vibration, buckling, and fatigue analysis capabilities.
- Evaluate natural frequencies and critical buckling loads.
- Study isotropic and orthotropic material behavior.
- Measure in-plane effects on stiffness.
- Loads for buckling and in-plane stiffening include: force, pressure, gravity, centrifugal.
- Study the effects of cyclic loading and fatigue operating conditions.
- Rainflow charts to help determine the effects of small stress cycles in loading history.
- Import load history data from real physical tests to define loading events.
- Study conduction, convection, and radiation heat transfer.
- Supports isotropic, orthotropic, and temperature-dependent material properties.
- Optimize designs based on your defined criteria.
- Design optimization automatically determines the most optimal design based on your specified criteria.
- Base constraint criteria on static, thermal, frequency, or buckling analysis.
- Base objective criteria on dimensions, mass, or volume.
- Simulate Drop Test or Impact
One of the most comprehensive and sophisticated packages available, SolidWorks® Simulation Premium offers seasoned analysts a tremendous range of design validation capabilities at a fraction of the cost of most high-end FEA programs.
For tough engineering problems like advanced dynamics, and nonlinear and fatigue simulation, you need a powerful tool that delivers reliable results quickly. Backed by over 20 years of FEA expertise and technological innovations, SolidWorks® Simulation Premium offers the high-end analysis you need to get the job done.
- Study nonlinear large displacement behavior of your designs.
- Study nonlinear buckling such as snap-through buckling of diaphragms, switchblades, or soda cans.
- Analyze designs made of nonlinear materials.
- Optimize design with hyperelastic materials such as rubber, silicone, and elastomers.
- Conduct elastoplastic analysis to study onset of yield as well as post-yield analysis in your designs.
- Include creep effects and material changes with temperature.
- Perform dynamic analysis of parts and assemblies.
- Study dynamic response analysis due to time history loading, response spectra input, steady state harmonic input, and random vibration excitations.
- Utilize uniform and multibase motion systems that allow you to model structures with non-uniform support excitations.
- Input power spectral density (PSD) of excitation curves of forces in random vibration analysis.
- Study stress, displacement, velocity, acceleration with time study RMS and PSD values for stress, displacement, velocity, and acceleration.
- Simulate composite material behaviour
SolidWorks Flow Simulation
SolidWorks® Flow Simulation is the completely integrated fluid-flow simulation and thermal analysis program within SolidWorks software which takes away the complexity of using CFD software and delivers a powerful set of tools in the hands of an engineer who needs flow analysis, but is not necessarily an expert in the field of fluid simulation.
- Complete Fluid Simulation software integrated with SolidWorks.
- Simulate variety of fluids as External, Internal, Transient, turbulent & compressible flow.
- Simulate Heat Transfer, conduction, convection (natural and forced) and Radiation.
- Plot results for velocity, pressure, vorticity, temperature, mass fraction etc.
- External flow analysis of liquids and gases around solid bodies (i.e., air flow over an airplane wing or water flow around a submarine).
- Turbulent flow analysis using the K-E model to illustrate flow domain turbulence (i.e., gases from an aircraft engine nozzle).
- Real gas simulation for accurately solving high-pressure or low-temperature gas applications.
- Compressible flow analysis for gas flows in subsonic, transonic, and supersonic speed zones.
- Calculation of pressure drop on pipes using surface roughness values.
- Design optimization using CFD-based flow and dimensional parameters.
- Flow analysis of non-Newtonian fluids (i.e., blood, toothpaste, and plastic melts).
- Moving wall flow analysis for studying flows relative to a moving reference frame.
- Cavitation analysis for identifying areas in a model where cavitation will occur.
- Humidity analysis for calculating relative humidity inside enclosures for climate control applications.